GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Grisonut wrote:
Well, finally got my slip on today...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nice piece really, but why the fuck does it have to be so close to the turn signal for one thing and not even the soft panier bracket will bolt on with it for second. Dumb asses!! It's not like there isn't enough real estate.
Anyway I will fabricate an intermediate pipe that will place the exhaust tip not only lower but also not as far back.

I do like the sound of it. Not loud at all with the db killer, just a nice hooligan rumble. Very Happy 

I just ordered one of these today! Boom shaka laka laka! Viva la Fiesta 
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:29 am

Great.
But have someone modify the connecting pipe so you don't melt your signal at least.
I did mine in a way that I can use my Givi hard bags.
It's basically located where the OEM was.
I will post pics in a bit for you...
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:42 am

Here you go:

I made another cut (not shown in pic) to angle the pipe down so it clears my bags bracket, that's why you see a second weld bead.

Here's the finish look. I also improvised a bracket to attach the muffler at the OEM ppoints.
I will re-do said bracket in stainless steel, just didn't have time yet...
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:38 am

You do good work Pascal!

Thumbs Up 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:18 am

Thank you.
I did all the engineering of the pipe but I had a local guy welding it for $40 as I don't have a TIG (needed for stainless).
I even indexed it for him so it was dummy proof.

I'm happy with this slip on.
I'm losing a bit of torque at about 2500rpm but the bike breathe so much better at about 4000rpm and above. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:33 am

My stock 1100 with stock pipe does not do well at 2500.
You don't want/need to be that low anyway. 3000 is OK.
You are not missing much with issues at 2500. Spin it up!! Smile
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:47 am

I have to share these pics.
It would seem its very hard to get a large V-twin exhaust that works.
Have a look at this Suzuki 1000. Run-around circuits restricter valves.
The GRiSO is a work of art compared to this.

Last edited by wardest on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:56 am

Function over form. Look at that O2 sensor stickin out like dogs balls.

Then again it probably goes like a shower of shit with perfect fueling. Oh, and has a nice meh whine.

Sleep 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
msestak
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
msestak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:57 am

I have fitted stainless steel Mistral to my bike. Sounds nice, but the vibes have dialed in after installation

Waiting for Carbtune to arrive, and hopefully with a little bit of help from this forum the vibes will be reduced. If not, a DB killer goes in. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:30 pm

I think I'm going to go with the Quat D on my 1100. Short enough do that my HB Juniors are in the clear.

Any clue if I will have to mess with fueling?
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Had a Quat D on my now departed 4 valve GRiSO and ran it with the db killer and Catalyst supplied, never had a problem with fueling so should not be an issue with your 2 valve engine. They are a great bit of kit and I would have put one on my new (used) Tenni but it already has a Mistral so I can't justify the money.
Mark
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:54 pm

I like the Quat-D a great deal. It looks great on the GRiSO and it has a nice bark. I ran it on my 1100 without issue, but it ran even better with the PCV/AT set up. FreshEgg here in the ghetto is running the Quat-D on his 1200 8V without any issues and I think he's got one of Mark's maps on board.

It's a good pipe, remapping is not necessary, but it will run better if you do remap.

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 am

speaking of not needing to re-map.........
I just unwrapped the Agostini slip-on I got from a very cool ghetto member.
Does anyone know if this is similar to the Quat-D for my 1100??
Can I just put it on and have run OK??

Yes, I do want to do a remap but if the Ago can requires re-mapping then I will leave it off until I get the bike somewhere that can re-map for me.
Thanks for any input.

DM
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:27 am

Holy Butt-Crack Batman!!
I just started snooping around my GRiSO exhaust mounting and I found a CRACK half way around the snake piece that rubber mounts to the swing arm pivot.

WHY do you mount an exhaust to a pivoting piece????????????????

Harumph!!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:07 pm

This was a common issue with early 1100's. The factory revised the bracketry.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Well, well, well.
That is very interesting.
I am planning on taking my 1100 to Pro Italia for some service in a couple weeks.
I will call them and see what they have for the revised bracket.

I am still presuming that my Ago can (with db killer in place) does not NEED remapping?

DM
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Status Report.

Agostini Can on 1100 GRiSO.

OMG!!!!!
What a Peach!!!!
That motor LOVES that can.
My bike is smoother and more pleasant to ride and more effortless spinning up.

Thank You so very Much Grant.
I can't believe how much better my bike looked when I was at the gas station walking back out to my machine. It was sublimely gorgeous.
I am very pleased with the Agostini can. It is wonderful.

DM
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Mr Griso

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:23 am

Ad B wrote:
Hi,

beetle wrote:
Mwahahahahaha!
It's mine!
And mine...
I made a db killer myself, the Original one cost me 10 Hp  Mad ...

beetle wrote:
It's pretty but it won't solve the poxy stock mapping issue. If you used one you would need a can with extra pipe like the Mistral Hi-Pipe and be sure to use the dB killer. You might get away with that, but I aint betting the farm.

The assymetrical headers are a thundering nuisance as far as fueling is concerned, but if you were to go symmetrical you would need to move the oil cooler, and I loves me oil cooler where 'tis.

I didn't like that oil-cooler lump at the right side as I didn't like the asymetric headers.  Mad 

Stelvio headers and crossover, which I modified to make my Mistral High Rise fit.  cheers 

I think I'm ready with my G12 now...  scratch but I'm not quite sure...

Ad B

Magnificent! Love the idea of putting the Stelvio headers on a GRiSO. Not just for the correction of the header lengths but that is a very positive thing of course. For me the Stelvio headers sinous curves is some of the best looking ever. Great effort Ad B! Could you post a pic shoving how the system looks under the gearbox? I am very tempted to copy your idea...

/Ron
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:56 am

Hi,

I'm too busy now to make pictures from beneeth...
We are leaving tommorow morning (quite early...) on a 4 weeks holiday through France. Ooh La La 
After that, I will make the picture...
I bought two 90° RVS pipes Ø 57mm x 2 mm. I used these to modify the crossover pipe.
4 to 5 weeks patient... affraid

Ad B
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Mr Griso

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:22 am

No worries, it's summertime so no major mods this time of year for me. Trying to ride as much as possible.  Very Happy 

Bon voyage au France,  and stay safe. cheers
Back to top Go down
spozzy
Carlotto
Carlotto
spozzy

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:15 am

It seems like most after market exhausts have been explored in this thread, however I'm interested to know in anyone has modified the stock unit ??
And if so, what sort of results they have experienced???

Whilst the Mistral high pipes tick all the boxes in terms of reduced weight and a 'slightly cranky' note, they just don't fit with the Hepco & Becker bags I use fairly regularly on the Tenni.

And when I look at possible alternative pipes, as best I can estimate, most of them wont fit with H&B's.

The stock pipe sits pretty low and looks fine, and I can live with the few extra lbs/kgs.
And I just happen to have a 2nd stock pipe I'm prepare to 'sacrifice'.

What am I looking to achieve?
Well the SE runs great since Pete loaded up Marks latest map about 1 month ago. And the indicated fuel consumption even got a little better. So ideally any mods don't screw this up.

But I really want some of that missing Guzzi 'hoodlum', rather than the very muted and 'respectable citizen' we have at present.

All musings gratefully received.

Spozzy
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:11 am

Depends on which bags.
My H&B C-Bow soft bags fit easily with the Quat D pipe.
I haven't tried them on my new bike with a low Mistral but I think the will be ok.
As for the hard bags I can't comment.
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:57 am

I think by looking at the pictures, the Quat D would eork on the hard bags as well.

That's why it is at the top of my list.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 am

Many of the aftermarket pipes will work with your bags. From experience, I know that both the Quat-D and the Arrow both sit at or below the same level as the stock exhaust.

Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Birch,
If you do buy the Quat D pipe it comes with a catalyser which should be used withe the Db killer on the 8v engines, it will improve fueling and does not detract from performance.
They are a really good product and I would buy one agian for my newer bike but it already has a mistral pipe on it and I can't justify the extra spend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 4 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next