GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:26 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:30 am

By the way, I cannot believe the difference two bikes of the same model can be. The Mistral slipped on and off mine no worries and did not foul the rear blinker. Same cannot be said for Moby's bike on either case.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:22 am

wyno wrote:
Heather and I rode the GRiSO to an Accident Scene Management course for motorcyclists yesterday. The trainer saw the bike and asked whose it was and when I said me he said he had a !400 California. He was wondering if you had done anything about a map for the 1400 Mark, so I told him to contact you direct on your website. The course was well worth the day we spent doing it.

I ask this out of ignorance not arrogance, but it took a day for that sort of instruction?

Just surprises me that the tips, tricks, and must-do's would be that complex. As I said, ignorance.

Bill

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Hey Bill. They teach all sorts of things to do at a crash scene, including traffic management, people management, arranging for paramedics, how to take the injured rider's helmet off without further injury (Vozz helmets are a favourite because you can take out 2 screws and lift the front part off and have the injured rider's head resting in the other half) and a whole heap of other stuff. There is also a written test and practical test. Definitely worth it and hopefully we will never have to use what we learned.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Rode "Black Betty" to work. Simply Awesome.

Hope the weather holds out like this till the Budgie is done and dusted. Some years you can get lucky - others it's the start of the frosty season.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:40 am

have been riding the Big Red Goose 150km each day round trip to work again...
this time with a new map evolution.

I love my bike!!

Thanks Tony (and Beetle) cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:19 am

Rode to work but not a good day to be there. New owners took over our mine today and their Toecutter was on site straight away. A significant number of redudancies are on the way. I’m in a team of five(2nd in charge). Been told that three will be made redundant. No hint on who draws the short straw. Apparently we’ll know by the end of the week or early next. Got a bad feeling about it. Been through this shit twice before so should be used to it but still feeling gutted.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:12 am

So, they'll cut the workforce by 60%, then expect the remaining 40% to do 100% of the work.

Suspiciously like the company I work for....

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:46 am

but the shareholders will be happy with the bottom line.... until they click 'sell' on their smart fones...

sorry to hear that Matt.... sucks indeed.
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:18 am

MattF wrote:
Rode to work but not a good day to be there. New owners took over our mine today and their Toecutter was on site straight away.  A significant number of redudancies are on the way. I’m in a team of five(2nd in charge). Been told that three will be made redundant. No hint on who draws the short straw.  Apparently we’ll know by the end of the week or early next.  Got a bad feeling about it.  Been through this shit twice before so should be used to it but still feeling gutted.
Hope it all works out for the best Matt.  I know how it feels. When the twin towers fell (911), I lost my job three times in the 18 months following the tragedy. Something always comes along.
I've never heard that expression before. Toecutter. Is that the same as beancounter?

Norm.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:25 am

Good luck, Matt.

Platitudes and aphorisms are all I have at such times, but John Heywood's seems apt. His words may come from the 16th century, but "It's an ill wind that bloweth no good" still rings true.

I hope it does for you.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:15 am

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:35 pm

"Toecutter" has several meanings here. In Matt's usage, it means a person in the workplace that assesses other employees.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Shit Matt, not needed. However on the flip side, you might have the opportunity to get to the rally in 5 weeks time!

Don't tune out folks, more adventures to come.
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Good luck, Matt. Hope you end up on the good end of the straw draw.
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:00 pm

Thanks for the responses, everyone. It’s nice to get messages of support.
I can only sit back and see what happens. A lot of people on site feeling very twitchy.
Street, nice touch with the Mad Max “demise of the Toecutter” footage.
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Best of luck Matt. Been there myself a couple times.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Sorry to hear of your plight Matt. Never any fun knowing someone is going to get the axe. Even if you feel you are safe the work place suffers!
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Sounds all to familiar. In the industry in which I work we are in constant threat of redundancy. It doesn't make for a good working environment. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Good luck Matt. Hope it works out for you. On a side note, I saw that scene being made. It's on a road that runs beside the Prince's highway just near Lara and I used to take it all the time. The truck was rented and then had a steel plate welded to the bull bar and painted so that the truck wouldn't get damaged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:45 am

Mate, you're doing it easy.
I'm continuously unemployed ................................. until the next ph call.
I was employed 3 times today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:49 am

Just received a package from France!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:56 am

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Oooh new suspension, very nice !
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:20 am

EMC SportShock 2. It will take some time before I'm able to install it, let alone give ride reports. I shattered my right shoulder a month ago and will hopefully get my right hand back in business in 4 weeks from now. Anyways we still have over a meter of snow, so there is no hurry 😞

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:32 am

Lemppari wrote:
EMC SportShock 2. It will take some time before I'm able to install it, let alone give ride reports. I shattered my right shoulder a month ago and will hopefully get my right hand back in business in 4 weeks from now. Anyways we still have over a meter of snow, so there is no hurry 😞

Sent from Topic'it App

I have found that new shocks need running in, so if you want to send it to me, i am sure i can find some time...................:-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next