GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Moto Guzzi V100

Go down 
+63
Yahu
bjor
Svartipants
Speedfrog
el capitan
whitmire
Florida lime
BetaSteve
eighteight
Chris W
CanBike
Speedy23
mark111
GuZeee
Bill Hagan
ratso88
Omnis
Pawel Spoon
VTwin
DeepSpace
Merl3noir
Bulldog9
tsheep2
Brent S
MalG
moto
tvboy
Bill Dee
Grisonut
Nobleswood
motor-timothy
JohnA
okuraner
Leone
paulbrice
BobW981
Spruce Goose
Clancy
Doc.
Lazlokovacs
odder
OldMojo
kiwi dave
Street
MelJ
bioman
rick pope
SMTCapeCod
Holger
sideshowbob
Guzzi Cat
alanlemansiv
dguzzi
WCB
bahamazoo
LBC Tenni
GuzziSteve
lcjohnny
Pete Roper
Steak
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
janguzzi
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
MelJ
Carlotto
Carlotto
MelJ

Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:14 am

I think it’ll be better in the flesh. With those colours it’s hard to see the lines. I like Quotas though...

As to the Electric angle, I think Cake and the like have the better approach for electric bikes - stripped to the basics, light and small, maximise the benefit of not needing what a traditional bike has. Doesn’t even need to look like a motorbike as we know it. Get the price down and the range up and I’d have one for commuting and local exploring. I’m not heading up to the highlands or the western isles camping on an electric bike though. They can’t even get reliable WiFi up there, let alone enough working public charge points.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:44 am

"I’m with Pete on this. It should be an E It’s very much like a smooth and silent GRiSO!"

The exact reason why most (Guzzi) riders will not like E-motorcycles.
It is not like riding on a cannonball anymore ... maybe more like sitting on a cordless screwdriver. Smile

moby likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:08 am

Nobody is going to take your *Old* toys away. The way forward though has to be an alternative to fossil fuels. I don't expect E vehicles to be the 'End Solution' but they may buy the boffins enough time to develop better alternative technologies.

What might they be? I have no idea! But large supra-orbital lobes in our brains and opposable thumbs have allowed us to get out of some pretty tight corners before and have given, at least some of us, a standard of living and quality of life that would be the envy of any previous generation.

Digging ones heels in, sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'LA-LA-LA' very loudly won't make the problems of fossil fuels, (Not just their environmental impact but the obvious fact they are FINITE!) go away.

If we don't embrace the new we will, within a couple of generations, be back living in caves! If indeed the planet is still inhabitable and has anything living on it apart from humans and food sources for them!

Do you really think your enjoyment of 'Vroom-Vroom' noises is worth that?

LBC Tenni and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:13 am

To me it looks like exhaust is coming out the side not the front. Maybe they are using the 'Pig" motor the made in the late 90's.
Back to top Go down
dguzzi
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
dguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:53 am

Hover bikes...the H100... The Jetsons had it all along!
Meanwhile, electric motors to replace the cylinders and a big bevel gear replacing the crankshaft. That will show you new and exciting!

LBC Tenni likes this post

Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:35 am

janguzzi wrote:
"I’m with Pete on this. It should be an E It’s very much like a smooth and silent GRiSO!"

The exact reason why most (Guzzi) riders will not like E-motorcycles.
It is not like riding on a cannonball anymore ... maybe more like sitting on a cordless screwdriver. Smile

If GRiSO is like riding a cannonball, I think you’ll find the Zero SR/F more like a cruise missile!
If you were to ride a Zero SR/F or any Energica, you would find your mind changed. And like it or not, the ICE will soon be banned. The planet is burning and the deadlines are in place. If you will open your mind a bit and ride one, I’m confident you will see there is plenty to like about a well-executed e-bike. They are not the end of motorcycling. They are the next chapter. It’s evolution and it’s the only way forward.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:52 pm

Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Immagi10
(Source: http://forum.animaguzzista.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59418&start=800)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:01 pm

Enough with the shit, blurry pictures. Until we actually get some better, clear, detailed pics the only thing we can really tell is it's a DOHC wet motor.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:32 pm

I want to believe!

Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Ufo_7_10

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Signat16

WWW.REIQUAM.COM      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

beetle, Bill Hagan and odder like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:21 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Nobody is going to take your *Old* toys away. The way forward though has to be an alternative to fossil fuels.

How does Australia generate most of it's electricity, Pete? I think it is achieved by burning coal is it not?

Perhaps nuclear would be a better option for the planet.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:24 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
To me it looks like exhaust is coming out the side not the front. Maybe they are using the 'Pig" motor the made in the late 90's.

It's not the VA10 Steve. It's more like a Shiver or Caponord 1200. The interesting things will be the set-up for the driveline. Where and what is the clutch? The absence of a bell housing suggests a more compact unit, so wet multiplate? But where? Front or back? And if at the front how is drive taken back to the gearbox that is obviously behind the engine rather than being underslung like the VA10 prototype?

Does it still use a reactive drive? I can't see a torque arm. So are they going to depend on the length of the swingarm to combat torque reaction like they did on the Cali 1400?

Is it going to use a single TB? Or will it, hopefully, return to a more performance biased twin TB set-up?

There is a lot of speculation about the motor when the motor is easy to assess. It's everything else that is still shrouded in mystery.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:37 pm

kiwi dave wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:
Nobody is going to take your *Old* toys away. The way forward though has to be an alternative to fossil fuels.

How does Australia generate most of it's electricity, Pete?  I think it is achieved by burning coal is it not?

Perhaps nuclear would be a better option for the planet.

Less and less is generated by coal although far too much still is. As it is the POWER COMPANIES are all moving away from coal and the current coal fired plants are being closed down as they age out and are not being replaced, much to the chagrin of our current government, but business knows a shit sandwich when it sees one.

Enough energy in the form of sunlight falls on Australia in four days to power the entire globe's power requirements for a year. The idea that we need to burn something as filthy as brown coal is, quite simply, idiotic. Renewables have to be the way forward and Australia is ideally placed to take advantage of the resource we have in abundance. Wind power as well is making great strides, although nowhere near the levels it has in Europe.

All it takes is willpower and a bit of vision and the move away from fossil fuels is entirely possible. It may not be easy. It may not be cheap. But it's a damn sight better than having the planet pass the point of no return and ending up like Venus within the cosmic blink of an eye!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:06 am

Pete wrote:

Is it going to use a single TB? Or will it, hopefully, return to a more performance biased twin TB set-up?

Euro 6 = strangulation of performance. Abandon all hope, he who enters here...

Pete wrote:

All it takes is willpower and a bit of vision and the move away from fossil fuels is entirely possible. It may not be easy. It may not be cheap. But it's a damn sight better than having the planet pass the point of no return and ending up like Venus within the cosmic blink of an eye!

Nuclear power is our only hope. Abandoning human greed for profit is our only hope. Sending nuclear waste into the Sun so it won't be buried in our backyard. There is no renewable energy source that can power an industrial civilisation. None. Abandon all hope.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 85965210
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:37 am

Sorry. I refuse to!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:53 am

Abandon all hope? Or embrace Nucular* power?

* spelt just like they say it in the movies...

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:02 am

Depends on the technology and where they build the reactors. Fukushima was less than smart. I wouldn't think Southern Italy for geological reasons or places like Lebanon for political ones would be too wise.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:38 am

Fukushima was another example of corporate greed - the reactors were scheduled to be decommissioned many years ago. Rather than do that, they strung it out a few more years to maximise profits. They were an old design and had passed their use by date. Funny, it went bang with a Tsunami - not funny!

Nuclear power, especially with the introduction of SMRs probably makes sense. I like the idea of dumping the waste on the sun. However the sun is based of fusion, our current reactors based on fission - what happens when you put fission by-product into the hotbed of fusion may have "unknown" side effects. Maybe even burn the sun out? Not good!

Our future is probably dependent on fusion nuclear power - however we are not there yet. When sustained reactions last for nano or pico-seconds, we still are a bit off. Still effort is happening.

The really bad thing is the standards we live by. Some years back, an organisation I know of lost around 10 kg of SF6, in a year. The multiplier for SF6 is x 24000 for environmental damage. This is equivalent to what one coal-fired power station in NSW puts out in an 8 hour shift. Multiply this by three and then by 6 (I think there is 6 big ones still generating) and what was accidentally lost due to leaks was trumped by 6570 times, over a year. No one cries foul here do they. The coal-fired lobby is extremely powerful and fetes our politicians incessantly.

Let's Nuke them - the pollies and coal-fired companies, that is.

SF6: Sulphur Hexafluoride - not poisonous but if inhaled, you will drown in it - quite the opposite to Helium - where He makes your voice high, SF6 makes a deep basso profundo - much like a proper exhaust on a V11 - it is much heavier than air. Unfortunately, to empty your lungs of this shit, you need to hang upside down. For interest, look up mythbusters where they sailed an aluminium boat on SF6, in a fish tank.

Rant over. For now.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:51 am

Couple of wrong-uns here.

Tony wrote:

However the sun is based of fusion, our current reactors based on fission - what happens when you put fission by-product into the hotbed of fusion may have "unknown" side effects. Maybe even burn the sun out? Not good!

No. The amount of nuclear waste produced by the entire Earth is but a poofteenth of the Sun's output per microsecond.

more from Tony wrote:
quite the opposite to Helium - where He makes your voice high

In an enclosed space, Helium displaces oxygen, and you will suffocate without realising your are dead in a few minutes.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:59 am

Either way your are deader than dead.

Sun/waste comments were firmly tongue in cheek - you should know me better than that, Mark.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:15 am

Oh. I'm drunk and angry.

Soz.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:23 am

OK. I'm not drunk but I just made slow cooked eye fillet with roast veggies, sprouts, Yorkshire pids and gravy. Shit! If we can't go anywhere at least we're going to eat well.

Nice bottle of Grenache to go with it.

Fuck Covid!

Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 51409692806_ff26f98214_b

Nom nom nom!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:48 am

Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 2d0d9010

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:11 pm

When I was working in LA, I used to ride past the San Onefre nuclear power plants on my way to visit friends just north of San Diego.  I would sing to myself "If these things go, I'll never know".

But then it's the same with dying by any other means.  You'll never know, because you're now dead!

And now back to some more cheerful topics ....

Last edited by kiwi dave on Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:10 am

2035 might mark the end of combustion engines in Europe, some countries will ban them even earlier.
If Piaggio/Guzzi needs more than 10 years to bring such a motor to the market, this might be the last V2.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:55 pm

I think we'll be riding horses cause of the sun. The Amish will have the market.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moto Guzzi V100   Moto Guzzi V100 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Moto Guzzi V100
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next