GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:08 pm

Trouble sending photosorry
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:10 pm

Tim Henry wrote:
Trouble sending photosorry
Good try - I have the same problem on this site. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:12 pm

Where in fl r u
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:24 pm

Tim Henry wrote:
Where in fl r u
I used to be in Palm City, just north of West Palm. I now live in WNC fulltime where we had a summer home.

I'm retired now, but used to machine Space Shuttle and RL10 rocket motor parts. Very Happy

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:54 pm

I used to live in palm beach county , now in brevard but also was in st johns county near jax and st augustine .witj a few years in tennessee and the virgin islands soon to be heafing to the keys
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:49 am

Street wrote:
That's great, except I don't get all those icons at the top. Crying or Very sad
I have a choice of BOLD, ITALICS, UNDERLINED, STRIKE-THROUGH, TITLE, & EMOJIS.
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:02 am

Rewarded myself with an early Christmas gift:

The seat is now a little bit higher without loosing its shape. And I never fell for leather seats, but this one was too good of an offer. The shop in Vienna is called Ledernardo.com, it is a saddlery in 3rd generation, so they know how to do things well.

Bill Hagan, JohnA and GhostBullet like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:12 am

Florida lime wrote:
Street wrote:
That's great, except I don't get all those icons at the top. Crying or Very sad
I have a choice of BOLD, ITALICS, UNDERLINED,  STRIKE-THROUGH, TITLE, & EMOJIS.

You obviously don't have the "Premium Package" here.  Requires application, payment of fee, review by the credentialing committee, and, naturally, an initiation rite that most applicants survive.   cheers

On the merits, if you ever can figure out how to see what street posted -- it all shows for me in the "Post a reply" section -- I have never used the icon that street points to ("Host an image"), but the one to its right ("Insert image").

Bill
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:58 am

Tried to participate in our annual New Years Day ride to a steakhouse about 70 miles from Savannah. Got fogged out. Rode about 2 or 3 miles and I was wet but the bigger problem was my visor and glasses covered so I couldn’t see. Didn’t want to try and wipe for 70 miles -been there, done that. Temperatures are warm so it was disappointing. My buddies with fully faired bikes went on.
Happy New Year to everyone!

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:37 am

Installed the second half of my LED running light indicators yesterday and started the New Year with a short, but very welcome ride in 9°C plus. Just 60 kms away they measured +19,7° today!
Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:15 pm

Pete, this bike isn’t your Tenni, how about some more pics? I see ti pipes and pretty well color matched levers too, what else?
Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:24 pm

For those of you wondering, the above was my response to a 9/10/21 pic (or 10/9/21 depending on where you are). The few of you that actually know me will not expect my brain to be at 100% today…

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:24 pm

Sorry? What? Is this one of my bikes or another Pete?

My currently Tenni green bike doesn't have Ti pipes. The Yellow bike does. If it was a question for me what do you want to know? And about which bike? Laughing

It's a terrible thing being a GRiSO tragic.

And you need to get that roller kit installed in your bike!

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:53 pm

Back in Sept of ‘21 you (Pete Roper) posted a pic of a non Tenni green GRiSO you were installing a Motodemic headlight on, yes? If not, my bad I’ll go and re write my response… again. Please refer back to typical Jan 1 brain function.
With 5 cars, 2 in project form and 1 with mileage too low for it’s age to drive in any but the best conditions, and 5 motorcycles, 3 in various project stages, GRiSO is patiently awaiting it’s turn. It’ll most likely be first up this year as I’d be pretty upset if the missing pinhead of DLC grew and compromised the condition of the sump contents.
It hasn’t been started in about 2 months… and I like looking at it enough I’m not looking forward to pulling it all apart again.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:21 pm

Ah. This one? It's the one in my avatar.

Bill Hagan, kindoy2 and Ham42 like this post

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:33 pm

Pete, if possible could you have a look at the last post in ‘What did you do with your GRiSO today?’ on page 1? Your post about installing the Motodemic headlight. Did your yellow bike used to be green? Those green bike headlight install pics appear to have the same windshield, pipes and green levers as the yellow bike now sports.
Or perhaps you’ve been hoarding a few more than you’re telling us about… Hmmmm?
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:34 pm

Finally stopped my procrastination, and got onto greasing the swing arm bearings today. Not quite there, because I can’t find my 14mm hex tool and the wife says I have to go to the ballet tonight (free tickets). Half the job has been finding space in this apartment’s garage ( my adult daughters boomeranged home and bring all their ‘treasures’ with them *sigh*). The GRiSO’s weight is split between its sump on a scissor jack, and racheting tie-downs looped through the rear frame and a folding ladder. Seems okay… [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url

BTW; thanks to all that have gone before me… I follow in your footsteps.

Bill Hagan, GhostBullet and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:32 pm

Wow. 186k on the clock.
And you'll all be saying, you should have replaced it by now.
Today was the day. Bugger of a job, but great to learn on the side of the road. Could not get the right size where I am, but hope to sort when I get home proper

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:39 pm

Shocked

I think "Egads!" is an appropriate response.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:48 pm

I reassembled (don't ask) my GRiSO and went for a quick 50km ride before the weather turns bad. It's already windy enough to blow mud up yer kilt.

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:45 pm

GhostBullet wrote:
Wow. 186k on the clock.
Today was the day. Bugger of a job, but great to learn on the side of the road.  Could not get the right size where I am, but hope to sort when I get home proper

We usually replace them about every 50,000km.

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:46 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
GhostBullet wrote:
Wow. 186k on the clock.
Today was the day. Bugger of a job, but great to learn on the side of the road.  Could not get the right size where I am, but hope to sort when I get home proper

We usually replace them about every 50,000km.
Oooooops
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:41 am

I don't like that setup. I reckon there would have been enough room between engine and front wheel to use a modern crankshaft alternator (and incidentally give me 3l bigger tank)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:59 am

Yup, probably, but for decades Guzzi owners had been whining about not having enough wattage to dress their bikes up like a fairground attraction and run all their dildos and butt-plugs or whatever. So the CARC bikes were equipped with a sodding great 600W alternator and all the old farts whined about the bikes being top heavy and stayed away in droves!

Same thing is happening with the V100. For a decade and a half the ageing demographic has been whining the bikes are too heavy. So they launch the V100 and it's apparently too small.,

Fucking beats me!!!!..........

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 21 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next