GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What tyres for the 8V.

Go down 
+69
Gootzibird13
JohnA
Holger
Tim Henry
Converted Duc
lcjohnny
CrazyBiker
BBB888
Oz1200Guzzi
kiwi dave
rick pope
Leone
BobW981
motor-timothy
cognosticator
george5421
klaas123
Dolebludging warmonger
Birch
Papa Lazarou
MrGPz
moby
Street
Silverfox
petarzil
Brent S
Grade247
EricS
2highlander
bahamazoo
Charlie J
Stu400
paulbrice
wardest
keenerkeen07
Pete Roper
blue thunder
Omnis
tocino
cbxtc6
Bill Hagan
SuperSimo
waterbottle
GUZ21
frizzit
dskustoms
sidrat
Josh.C
mark111
Mr Griso
plantboy
griso8v
pauldaytona
Chriso
Phang
drw916
guzziownr
rustyrotor
Uzidzit
Ad B
TalkingGriso
Grisonut
cytocycle
beetle
Steak
DungeonMaster
wyno
jollyjeweller
73 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:34 pm

pauldaytona wrote:
Pilot power for real sport driving, or if it should last longer and goes a bit slower pilot road 4

I really like the Pilot Power's as well
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:52 am

Got the new Michelin Road 6's installed Saturday. First set of Michelins. Probably look just like the 4's & 5's........
The shop actually marked all the points that were torqued with paint.............first time for that (for me). They did a nice clean job and removed all the adhesive from previous balance weights on the wheels. Maybe this is normal for all good shops but a first for me on my previous sets of tires and first time at this shop. Joint has lots of Guzzi's and other brands. "On Any Moto" - Tucson, AZ

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

beetle, Clancy and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:08 pm

JohnA wrote:

The shop actually marked all the points that were torqued with paint.............first time for that (for me).

When I had a new rear tyre put on by one of our 2 local bike outlets, the bike was released to me by the counter staff. But as I started to head out the driveway I was chased down by a technician saying that he hadn't torqued the bolts yet.....affraid

Needless to say, I go to the other shop now for my tyres. And I paint mark the rear bolts myself.

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:58 pm

I've used pilot power 2cts for a few years, having previously used them and loved them on my 1050 Speed Triple. But I've just put in a new pair of pilot road 5s. I'm less than 1500 miles in, but very pleased so far. They are wearing well and they feel rock solid in the rain.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:58 am

I have been using Shinko Ravens with great success. I first tried them as the third set on my former 15 twice before the wreck totaled it got about 10k miles from rear. Alan Antmanbee also put them on his 07 and was pleased , I recentlyinstalled a set on my 07 about 3k miles ago with no noticable wear plus the price can't be beat $315. USD for 2 including mounting and tax here in Melbourne fl. I had tried Angle st on the 15 and 5k miles they were shot showing cords as a daily commuter this didn't suit me,on the 07 the Po had put them on and a rear puncture killed it so off they went. Here in Fl the centers wear out due to lack of curvy roads and high heat. When I lived on St Croix USVI I haf a Triumph bonnevile black with a side car and used Shinko 705 which worked great on their shitty roads infact I used those on my 07 Calvin for awile as the Po had them put on with good milage results too suprisingly
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:20 am

We don't get either Maxis or their Shinko equivalents here in Oz which is a shame as I reckon as a 'Touring' tyre they would be good. Twenty years ago I had a Shinko fall apart spectacularly on me when I was trying them on my old Tonti Hot-Rod but that was before they brought out Yokohama's tech, and different times and very different tyres. The fact my hot-rod made 80 RWHP from 891cc from a 1960's design that in stock trim made 40HP on a good day probably didn't assist matters...... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:25 am

Over 100k miles on shinko zero complaints sorry Oz doesn't get them .
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:29 am

A couple of guys I used to ride with that are very experienced and have had many bikes and numerous tires talked up the low price of the Shinko Ravens and really good performance. Think they are about half price what I paid for the Road 6’s but I just couldn’t do it.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:36 am

I was skeptical too i thought they would like cheng shit tires but really impressed my friend in Palm coast is using them on his Victory kingpin and said will get another set again. No Im not a tire salesman but when a excellent product a reasonable price comes along I try to pass my good results to others.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:54 am

Shinko, the parent company, bought out all of Yokohama's tech when they got out of motorbike tyres in (?) the early 2000's. Yokos were a pretty good tyre back then and I think Shinko are Korean so it's unlikely they will of rested on their laurels.

I'd happily use them on Red Bike if I could get them. For Yellow Bike I'll probably stick with a 'Brand Name' but that is more likely to be due to historical prejudice rather than reality.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:10 am

I get the brand name thing we deal with that here when I was selling wristwatches they always bypass the names they dont know but my Fortis is better than a Tag Heuer for 2x the price and has a excellent history just not a household name
Back to top Go down
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:48 am

10,000 miles on Michelin PR3s which I thought excellent in all UK weathers and particularly good in the wet. Just fitted a pair Metzeler Roadtec ME1 SE and a 250 mile ride yesterday. All dry so cant comment on wet weather performance but rolls into corners far quicker and handling suddenly seems 50kgs lighter, and yes I do check pressures before every ride and ran Michelins at 36/42 and Metzelers the same. Feels far more sports bike and flickable and in spirited riding had plenty of grip, no slides and turn in is is easier and sits on a lean on long flowing bends. Reviews say wet weather is an improvement on Michelins so hopefully that will be true. Wheeling around indoors over a wooden floor the tyres 'sqeek' quite loudly so I think just have a higher silicate compound.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:54 am

BBB888 wrote:
Just fitted a pair Metzeler Roadtec ME1 SE and a 250 mile ride yesterday. All dry so cant comment on wet weather performance but rolls into corners far quicker and handling suddenly seems 50kgs lighter....

I agree with your positive notes and loved the Roadtecs on my Monster12s. I just found that on my GRiSO, when the Roadtecs were 7/8 worn they picked up strongly on longitudinal grooves or white lines. Worth changing them as soon as that starts hopefully YMMV ☺
Back to top Go down
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:56 am

I have read that they are very long wearing and I hope will do the next 10,000 miles!
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:54 am

I got 6000, but that is twice what I got out of 2015 sports touring tyres, I may be heavy handed 😂
Back to top Go down
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:08 am

Well I think I got more like 8500 miles. Must be my gentle riding style.... Bought bike with 1000 miles and changed tyres to Mich PR3 at about 1500 miles. Now got 10,250'ish. Wouldn't have changed if MoT man hadn't said PR3s were well past their best and only just acceptable for MoT. Very pleased with Metzelers.
Back to top Go down
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:20 am

Good under braking too![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ErikdeBrabander likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What tyres for the 8V.
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7