GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What tyres for the 8V.

Go down 
+69
Gootzibird13
JohnA
Holger
Tim Henry
Converted Duc
lcjohnny
CrazyBiker
BBB888
Oz1200Guzzi
kiwi dave
rick pope
Leone
BobW981
motor-timothy
cognosticator
george5421
klaas123
Dolebludging warmonger
Birch
Papa Lazarou
MrGPz
moby
Street
Silverfox
petarzil
Brent S
Grade247
EricS
2highlander
bahamazoo
Charlie J
Stu400
paulbrice
wardest
keenerkeen07
Pete Roper
blue thunder
Omnis
tocino
cbxtc6
Bill Hagan
SuperSimo
waterbottle
GUZ21
frizzit
dskustoms
sidrat
Josh.C
mark111
Mr Griso
plantboy
griso8v
pauldaytona
Chriso
Phang
drw916
guzziownr
rustyrotor
Uzidzit
Ad B
TalkingGriso
Grisonut
cytocycle
beetle
Steak
DungeonMaster
wyno
jollyjeweller
73 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:21 am

Uzidzit wrote:
 (13,000mi on syncs, man traffic must move at a snails pace)

I have no idea why they lasted so long. My usual route is 90% highway and always cruising around 100km/h ~ 120km/h (60~75mph).

Could be the texture of the road surface, you guys must have cheese grater grade there  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:40 am

Ive just ordered some BST wheels, will see how I make them fit Bella.
Dropping from 18" front to 17", need to pop the forks back down 13mm to compensate.
But also will swap from 180 rear to 170, all in the interest of better turn in.

Should save 5kg in the front and hopefully 2.5kg in the rear. Will see when the machining is finished.

Then I need sticky rubber, mileage doesn't matter so much. I truck it to the mountain.  Razz
So any tips? 
Back to top Go down
cytocycle
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cytocycle

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:56 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Ive just ordered some BST wheels, will see how I make them fit Bella.
Dropping from 18" front to 17", need to pop the forks back down 13mm to compensate.
But also will swap from 180 rear to 170, all in the interest of better turn in.

Should save 5kg in the front and hopefully 2.5kg in the rear. Will see when the machining is finished.

Then I need sticky rubber, mileage doesn't matter so much. I truck it to the mountain.  Razz
So any tips? 

Did BST finally release wheels for the Guzzi? I know Todd was trying to do a group buy but by the time he put that together like a year later I had to bow out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm working on a home grown design, based on BST wheels.
Front is easy, their Paul Smart/SC1000 is almost identical for disc spacing and BST just use a Monster wheel with 1.5mm alloy spacers for the discs. I just need another 2mm per side for the Bellagio, but will just space my axial calipers inwards.

The rear wheel, well that's a completely different story, all will be revealed .................. when I succeed.
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Mr Griso

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Chriso wrote:
Has anybody tried the new Pirelli Angle GT's  Question  Got the GRiSO with a Shinko Raven in the rear and a Conti Motion in the front. I was hot-dogging it quite well with that combo but it was not too confidence instilling.. The Conti Motion is now done in the front and I really want to get her nice, sticky and longer lasting new shoes..

Put on Angel GT's about three weeks ago because they were test winnerers in the category sport/cruiser in some major tests last year here in Europe. Quotes that sold them for me was "Sportiest in the category" and "very harmonious". I just love them. I was considering the Diabolo Rosso II but since I don't do track days and wanted a little better mileage I figured I could go with the GT's. For my riding style, sporting but safe, they are just right Very Happy , I found them to be very confidence inspiring.

Don't know about mileage yet as I only have about 750 km (a little over 450 miles) on them.

Almost forgot Embarassed   I got the standard width 120/70 front and 180/55 rear and I run them on the GRiSO recommended pressures always without passenger.

/Ron
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:47 am

Just got Michelin PR4's on the G. The Avon Storm 2 Ultra on the rear had started to disintegrate. The one one the front looked hardly used. 10500 km's on them. The 180 PR4 looks skinny compared to the Avon, which I measured at 188.

Now, if this rain would piss off!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:04 am

Just replaced the PR3's with another set of them. Got 23,000km out the last lot.
And I agree about the rain.
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Mr Griso

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:35 am

I managed to scrape the tip and the lever on the sidestand the other day.The Pirelli Angel GT's were very stable and reassuring during the turn.No slipping or sliding. Also they seem to be long lasting. Highly recommended.
/RON
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:24 am

Metzler Roadtec Z8 - Good mileage and roadholding even in the wet and maintain their performance even when nearly worn out.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:09 am

My GRiSO came with Metzler Roadtec Z8s and I still have about 50% of the tread left in the rear, maybe 60% left up front after approx. 10,200kms. I think they're pretty damn good. Not sure about wet weather handling though.

Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:16 pm

I'm thinking about putting on a set of Pirelli Angel GT on my 8V. Has anyone got a long-term review of running these on a GRiSO?

It's either these or the Conti Roadattack or Sportattack. Pirelli's are just much easier to find here.
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Mr Griso

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:10 am

I now have about 5000 km on the Pirelli Angel GT's. The rear tire is still in great condition and has not squared off. Probably not passed the what i consider the halfmark yet (I replace the tires before they are fully worn out for safety reasons).I like them so much I also put them on my Honda VFR. Very reassuring and confidence building tire. If riding a lot in rainy weather there are probably better tires.
/Ron
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:14 am

Thanks very much for the info, Ron. Sounds good to me - I think I'll give them a go.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:47 am

Another Angel ST user, got the pegs down with them on. They do move about a little bit more when pushed hard as the groves are quite large, but they are stable and grip well, recommended by me
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:00 am

I've really enjoyed the Pilot Road 3's looking forward to the Pilot Road 4's...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
dskustoms
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dskustoms

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Just put on Dunlop q3 will see how they hold up no complaints so far. Also price was good and they have a rebate on top of it.
Back to top Go down
frizzit
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
frizzit

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:55 pm

I'll be another vote for the Pirelli Angel GT's. I had them put on my Breva 1100 June of last year and 3000 miles later no real signs of wear. The bike turns on rails... I really should have more miles on them than I do..
Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:15 am

Mr GRiSO wrote:
I now have about 5000 km on the Pirelli Angel GT's. The rear tire is still in great condition and has not squared off. Probably not passed the what i consider the halfmark yet (I replace the tires before they are fully worn out for safety reasons).I like them so much I also put them on my Honda VFR. Very reassuring and confidence building tire. If riding a lot in rainy weather there are probably better tires.
/Ron

Another rap for the Angels. I believe they are the best I've ever used in the wet, tho' the PR's look like a better wet tread. I had 14000ks out of my first Pirellis, a lot of which was hard fast Nullabor riding (on a Norge 8V) so more is quite likely. Great tyres. Running another set now on the Bella.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:21 am

Josh.C wrote:
Thanks very much for the info, Ron. Sounds good to me - I think I'll give them a go.
I have around 13 k km's on a set of Pirelli Angel GT's. They seem very stable and showed no sign of slipping on a wet Oxley highway on the Long Flat Pub weekend. 300 bends in 45 kms Smile They are squaring off now and might only have a couple of Thousand k's left in them, only long straight roads around here Sad
The PR's look like a better wet tyre but it rarely rains here, so another set of GT's for me Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:47 am

Thanks for the feedback on the GT's. I had a set fitted on Friday ($485 fitted, here in Brisbane/Logan). Haven't had a chance to test them out much yet but will report back after further testing.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:12 am

Josh , you coming down to Gloucester / Long Flat early september Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:15 am

waterbottle wrote:
Josh , you coming down to Gloucester / Long Flat early september Question Question Question

Not sure yet, Ron. Hoping to join in for at least a day or two.
Back to top Go down
SuperSimo
Carlotto
Carlotto
SuperSimo

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Metzeler Z8 Interacts. Good grip, good feel, long life. Little to not like.

FWR is Lambeth has a special offer on at the moment, probably the cheapest tyre place in the UK, well worth a ride into London

Hear good things about the Michellin Road Pilot, but they look damn ugly on a GRiSO
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:41 am

SuperSimo wrote:

FWR is Lambeth has a special offer on at the moment, probably the cheapest tyre place in the UK, well worth a ride into London

Hear good things about the Michellin Road Pilot, but they look damn ugly on a GRiSO

Ugly?

Suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but mebbe I am missing something ...

And, ugly or not, even tho I have but 100 or so miles on those, so far, mighty fine on twists and turns of local back roads.  Mighty.  Taking it to the Ohio Guzzi rally next week, and will get more anecdata.

But, thanks; had not realized how ugly that dangling reflector is, so it'll be off soon.  Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:11 pm

SuperSimo wrote:

Depending on how you ride...
My Z8 didn't last past 4000 miles while any other tires I tried got me 6000.
I have a pilot 2 at the moment and it got almost 7000 but it's about done...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tyres for the 8V.   What tyres for the 8V. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What tyres for the 8V.
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next