GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:31 pm

Surely somebody of engineering experience can override a pen pushing loss adjuster who probably made the decision based on a few lousy photos.

The other side of the coin, thank you mister insurance company employee.
"From the seeds of your incompetence comes forth the fruit of our good fortune".
Otherwise Pete, how else are you going to get a continual supply of fresh "roller" engines.

We just need a cheap Chinese copy of the tappet covers.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:19 am

There *May* be a loophole. In the Australian Capital Territory they don't have this absurd requirement. This means I may well be able to rebuild it, punt it across the border to a mate and then in a year or two sneak it back into NSW. That's a way off though. First things first, engine transplant and then overhaul my A5 donk.

Thing is if Ron gets the Diavolo Rosso at auction we might be able to do something clever. The Diavolo Rosso has frame damage, that's what pushed it over the line as a write off. Between the two of them we have all the makings of one great bike. It may be that we use my frame and undamaged bits and transfer them onto the Diavolo Rosso. rOn can't register a write off in Qld either but once again we can punt it into the ACT for a year and then sneak it back up to Qld.

Even if it all gets too hard I'm sure you could register an unmarked frame in the US?

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:25 am

When it comes back to Qld it will be rejected ................ there's always UnZud.
Back to top Go down
Andy in NZ
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Andy in NZ

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:39 am

We get a few Oz write offs over here. One of the local shops brings the odd one in, spends the time and $$$, and sends it on its merry way.

The plot thickens. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:16 pm

ghezzi wrote:
When it comes back to Qld it will be rejected ................ there's always UnZud.

That's what I reckoned. Look, it's no matter. Mark was over today and we were trying to sniff a map upload to the MUIG3 on a late model V7 but the 'Y' connector Mark had cobbled together was just a bit too ropey so after an hour in the bitter cold in the workshop we cracked a shitty and threw in the towel. We then spent fifteen minutes yanking the last few connectors and nuts and bolts holding the engine into the Qld. wreck out and dropped the motor onto the floor.

Anyway, the only things left on the frame are the forks and yokes, the loom and the clutch slave and hoses and the torque rod. I'll pull them off tomorrow and then I'm afraid the frame will just go out to rust in the back yard of the shop. Anyone who wants it? Make me a feeble offer. It's untouched, not a scratch on it Crying or Very sad . You Taswegians can probably put it back on the road of you are game.

I'll probably be listing a heap of bits in the classifieds soon but if anybody needs anything let me know and I'll have a look.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Pete, could make the basis for a special racer for someone (if they could be arsed that is)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Is it made of chromolly, or titanium even?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:32 pm

Given its weight I think it's probably depleted uranium! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:02 pm

least it will decay some over the next 50,000 years and should weigh less by then!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:29 am

I will be too skeletal to ride by then. Curse the fates!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:36 pm

I was sitting at a stoplight in Malibu today, when a guy next to me in a Tesla says that thing looks fast, let's see what ya got. The Tesla was surprisingly fast off the line! Electronic sorcery! But GRiSO showed him who's boss by the 1/4 mile. Lucky no cops around. I keep telling myself to ride my age, but there are just too many pricks about who need to lose a race. One of these days I'll end up riding without a license. What a Face

Last edited by LBC Tenni on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Can't beat an electric motor! Max torque from zero RPM!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:35 am

Installed a Startus Interruptus kit (justus incasus).
Turfed the speculum mirrors and reinstalled the Aprilia units.

Sat on bike and thought, "this is good".

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Went for a ride. Got home and turfed the Aprilia mirrors. Reinstalled the speculums.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:07 pm

Yeah! I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure?
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:43 am

Took away the Stucchi crash bars and behold, the bike looks better AND is much easier to service. Does anybody know if there are lighter/narrower side covers? I had them off for valve clearance inspection and boy did the GRiSO engine look good without the plastics on.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:04 am

Hang on? Are you still riding this thing? You know the tappets are fucked but you're still riding it? How does that work? Are you expecting someone else to pick up the mess? If you bought it to my shop having ridden it to death after knowing it had a serious mechanical issue and cried warranty I'd laugh you off the concrete!

Your engine is SERIOUSLY compromised. Continuing to ride it will not only destroy the engine but may kill you. Wake up!

DO NOT RIDE YOUR BIKE AGAIN UNTIL ITS PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:57 am

No, I've not been riding the bike, I'm doing optical and functional alterations for pastime. Oh, with one execption, I'll ride the bike 10 km's to a certified Guzzi workshop nearby to be rollerized Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Finally got out after two weeks not riding after the finger accident. Went and watched some pitbikes racing around a kart track, it looked so much fun you would have to think it was illegal....... now looking for a pitbike!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Performed last rites on the corpse of the Diavolo Nero. Everything is off it apart from the ignition switch, coils and reaction rod and it's been consigned to the junk trailer in the yard. What a crying shame!

Next up is to roll the Green Horror onto the bench for a heart transplant!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Not today but yesterday. Rode from Taree to Bungendore and 2/3s of the way back 1015 Kms Apart from goin around Sydney it was a hoot. Pete put a new map in, and I left the Ago X and pipe extension for Beetle to breathe cartographical sense into.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:17 pm

Gees you talk good shit Charlie - "cartographical sense" - love it, can I use it?
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Knock yourself out Tony. If you eat too much Alphabet Soup as a kid, and dont have enough rum as an adult and throw in a coupla head injuries and you too can vocabularise liberally.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Now there you go again, Charlie - "vocabularise liberally". Incidentally, you missed out on some Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum at the last get together, Some had more than others, greedy guts they were; some of us had less - jealous, you bet!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:23 pm

I don't know who your talking about Rolling Eyes
It's on the shopping list for the next cabal Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 25 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next