GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Plus another CC, my favorite pic so far. Good eye, well done.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
motomonster
Carlotto
Carlotto
motomonster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 5:57 am

Installing some nifty CRG Arrow mirrors today.

My @#$! turn signals keep breaking at the black plastic shaft. Three times so far in less than 10K miles. This happen to you guys? Any consensus on an aftermarket replacement option?
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 6:24 am

Canyon Carver wrote:
Here's a photo from Saturday's foggy ride. As you know it's very disorienting riding in thick fog, so I pulled over to rest and take a piss. Walking back to the bike I was taken with the scene and snapped this cell phone pic.

Stunning. I stole the pic, hope you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 6:38 am

motomonster wrote:

My @#$! turn signals keep breaking at the black plastic shaft. Three times so far in less than 10K miles. This happen to you guys? Any consensus on an aftermarket replacement option?

well...

Back to top Go down
motomonster
Carlotto
Carlotto
motomonster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 6:43 am

Phang wrote:
motomonster wrote:

well...

Looks about right. I've wrapped my remaining signals with Gorilla tape, and it seems to provide enough support for them to get them through a long trip, but it's a BS solution. Are these specifically designed to break? The signals on my V11 and Centauro have lasted over 15 years. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 6:49 am

I replaced all the four corners at least once with the expensive original Guzzi turn signals but they break again.

So I bought some cheap copies from ebay, looks close enough and has a metal tube insert in the rubber stalk, so far so good.

the protective wrapping is still on the lens in the picture
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 7:34 am

Dunno, I've not had the problem but I've got a tail tidy thingo. The climate here is very hostile to stuff like that though and still? No problem. Perhaps it's something to do with the marine environment? Salt in the air or something?

Anyway I changed mine out because they had become super grotty. All the shabby plastic chrome, (which I hated anyway!) had peeled off and cracked so I pissed them off and bought a set of the same sort of triangular black plastic indicators used on my Mana. There are any number of aftermarket cheapies available on Fleabay. Remember though that if you go for LED's you need to add a resistor in series or they'll flash stupidly fast.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 7:51 am

I've got a Tenni SE (early 2010) like yours Phang and after 22,000km and over 5 years I haven't had any issues whatsoever with the indicators. I'lll be replacing them in time, but only for aesthetic reasons. I've ridden my bike through below zero (celsius) temps, storms, have had it sitting out in the sun for months at a time in the Queensland heat & humidity. I've taken them off and put them back on. Still good as new. Always thought they were one of the cheapest looking parts on the bike though and something that people pick at when looking it over.

PS: No "tail tidy". All original.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 9:36 am

As to the rear turn signal mounts breaking, I wonder if you had a bag straped on the seat resting on the or used them for tie-down anchors? Mine are stock and fine on my '12. Only issue I had was heat from exhaust starting to deform the unit.

Also thanks for the complements on my Foggy bike photo guys. I appreciate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
motomonster
Carlotto
Carlotto
motomonster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 9:53 am

I didn't use them for anchors. I have a Ventura bag that sits on the back seat; no contact with the signals.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 10:55 am

Phang wrote:

Looks like a sad GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 12:08 pm

The rubber stalks look oxidized. They used some bad rubber in the mix? Luck of the draw situation I guess. They still look healthy on my 2011 Tenni.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 2:00 pm

[Id say that so far at 158k your doing well....how has the 1100 done overall ....curious Cool[/quote]

Keener I can see no reason why my bike wont do at least double his current mileage. A clutch, top end freshen and away we go. At 160 000 kms I will replace the clutch plates and springs ,but only because I want to stop the oil weep from the lower 2 rear main flange screws.
Only in the last few months have I been able to make the bike go like I thought it should go ,and there is two reasons for that.
1. I had the throttle bodies overhauled. New butterflys and shaft bushes. From new they leaked.
2.GUZZIDIAG .Without a shadow of a doubt this surely has to be the best ever thing to do to your Guzzi. Ever. The service to mankind done by all responsible for this astounds me. Sainthoods , Knighthoods and Nobel Prizes to those responsible.
The forks are starting to wear through the hard chrome. Rear shock link bearings replaced 6 months ago. Ive replaced all the brake discs.The licence plate bulb and fuelhoses have been replaced twice. I have changed Engine ,gearbox, final drive oils and oil filter between every 5 to 6 thousand kays.
The bike, starts and idles steadily without touching the throttle, gear changes are smooooth, he still does an indicated 212 KMH , floats my boat and ticks all the boxes.
The 1100s are Robust motorcycles

Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2015 8:27 pm

Drank a beer at dusk with GRiSO and friends in the garage after a quick run out to the coast.
Apleasant time was had by all.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2015 4:33 am

This morning I headed off to Kyogle for a kick- start BBQ launch of this year's Lions TT weekend scheduled for 18 -20th September.  About 150 riders and pillions on a wide variety bikes gathered to hear a briefing on events being planned for this year's festival.  I thought I was the only Guzzzi in attendance, but believe another GRiSO (white one) was spotted coming down the Lions road from north of the border - anyone here?
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:44 am

Saturday did i mount the Mistral High Pipe and load the relevant beetle map.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Even though i like the look and the sound of the Zard and i feel it is runnig good with it, i decided to give the Mistral a chance. SteinDinse is just an hour away and they had the High Pipe in stock. The first impression wasn´t the best. The pipe isn´t bend from one piece. It is pieced together and the welding looks like a school boys tries. All others on stock had the same bad look. O.k. it is not a bargain, but in comparsion to the Zard over 1/3 cheaper. So i took it home.

On sunday i did two 260km rounds. One with the dbk and one without dbk. For both rounds did i load the relevant map. When i have thought the Zard is good and with the beetle map better, must declare now, the Zard is o.k., but not more. GRiSO feels totaly different with the Mistral. Very good idling, smoothest running with a direct throttle responce. Fuel consumption is down to 5,3l/100km and i was´nt slow. It really feels like a new bike. Without dbk it´s to loud for Germany and it runs a little bit rougher. Mark, i had to bow with respect and gratitude to your person. You are the digital wizzard of zeros and ones. Thank you for this great works.

On pentecost i visited the only german roadrace. It is called Fishtown Race and starts in Bremerhaven. In addition to a Falcone and two LeMans there was also a GRiSO in the starting field.

Sven
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:33 am

I had similar experience with the improved running of my 2015 GRiSO.  Engine is smoother, more proportional throttle response ( still not perfect) and acceleration and seems to require less throttle at cruise ( 70-75mph and stock map).  Pete, I recall, said the bends in the pipe are equivalent to pipe length increase which apparently is a good thing.  Who would have thought?  And the weight decrease doesn't hurt.  The stock pipe is ( a guess) somewhere near 22-25 lbs.

A note on tire pressure- MG owners handbook says to use 33 front and rear (assuming I still have reasonable reading comprehension).  I upped it to 35front, 40 rear and had much better tracking and steering response.  All resulted in the best ride yet Sunday.

Another note, fuel mileage- Last 3 fillups have yielded 41.0, 41.02, 41.8 mpg.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:47 pm

f-man wrote:
It is pieced together and the welding looks like a school boys tries. All others on stock had the same bad look.

I like the way they're welded. I thought it looked cool. Razz

jomartijr wrote:
proportional throttle response ( still not perfect)

What? How? Details please.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:29 pm

What? How? Details please.
[/quote]

beetle,

This bike has less than 1000 miles, has never been tuned or adjusted except by the selling dealer.

With a stock map, stock pipe as one rolls on the throttle a bit, as in from a standing start, there is a point ( 2000-2500 est) where there is a delay in rpm increase though the throttle is being increased.  Then as one continues to increase throttle there is more rpm than called for resulting a slight jerk.  

The one ride I've done with the new Mistral Hi Pipe showed this problem to be less, so this is what I call a more proportionate throttle response.

I agree about the welding, the pipe has a great appearance to my eye.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Right. So it may need TB balance etc. You using my Mistral map?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
eric2186
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
eric2186

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Rode it to Gary, Indiana. I'm a sucker for urban exploration. But first, the colors of the industrial sites (and sights) in the environs:

Red is a matching color.

Green is a complementary color.

Grey is a background color.

All the colors, in a traveling exhibition.
Back to top Go down
http://thesunhaswings.blogspot.com
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:14 pm

beetle wrote:
Right. So it may need TB balance etc. You using my Mistral map?

The bike is running the oem map as delivered new. I'm delaying installation of your maps until the bike is tuned at first service including valve re-set and tb rebalance.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Thumbs Up

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Nice photos Eric. I too studied color theory in art school many eons ago - makes perfect sense to me. Your sense of composition earns you an "A" as well.

Last edited by Street on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:42 pm

GRiSO visits the ghetto, downtown L.A. grafitti art.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next