GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:40 pm

This morning I put some leather grip tape on my bars, following Daves-i-Know's example  ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).  I guess some of you will hate it, others may like it. Looks nice, I think:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I then realized the weather was just too good to sit inside, so I went for a long ride along the shores of Kootenay Lake.  Excellent!!!!  

Some pics:

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:57 pm

[quote="bioman"]This morning I put some leather grip tape on my bars, following Daves-i-Know's example  ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).  I guess some of you will hate it, others may like it. Looks nice, I think:

Looks like a tennis racket to me... not that there's anything wrong with that...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:07 pm

I'll probably be listing a heap of bits in the classifieds soon but if anybody needs anything let me know and I'll have a look.

Pete[/quote]

Pete,

Might you have a new looking headlight from that wreck? Did a little damage to mine a few years ago with a burnishing tool on the internal reflective coating....don't ask. No Just looks the shits now and would like one that has that newer than tarnished look. If so how much?

Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:11 pm

[quote="bioman"]This morning I put some leather grip tape on my bars, following Daves-i-Know's example  ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).  I guess some of you will hate it, others may like it. Looks nice, I think:

Sweet - I like it bioman!! I am now also considering this after having taken a spin on Daves-I-know's bike. Felt good too.

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44 pm

G'day all
I dropped my pride and joy onto it's side !!!!!
I pulled up in front of my son's shed with the intention of parking it inside because of the impending shitty weather, slightly sloping downwards and a right slope sideways, gravel.
Stopped at the doorway because my son had cluttered the entrance a bit, put my feet down and because of the right hand low side the weight headed that way and my foot rolled on the gravel and I could not push back up and the weight overtook me and I had no option but to slowly lay her down on her side, bugger.
Lucky I have roll bars and this prevented any bad damage, just a bit of gravel rash on the bar.
My pride was the real damage.
I have also learned that I cannot by myself get the bike up again onto it's wheels by myself.
Boy, some lessons learned.
More care will be taken in future.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:15 pm

1151 wrote:

I'll probably be listing a heap of bits in the classifieds soon but if anybody needs anything let me know and I'll have a look.

Pete

Pete,

Might you have a new looking headlight from that wreck? Did a little damage to mine a few years ago with a burnishing tool on the internal reflective coating....don't ask.  No   Just looks the shits now and would like one that has that newer than tarnished look. If so how much?

[/quote]

The headlight was what took the brunt of the impact, it and the clocks were toast. It wouldn't be any good for your bike anyway, dip pattern goes the wrong way. Sorry.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:10 am

No worries Pete - thanks anyway.

Back to top Go down
pensieromalvagio
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
pensieromalvagio

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:50 am

fuck!..today it's a rainy day...really too much ...so i can t ride...i just polish it...e take a look to his beauty...hope for better weather...Smile
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:27 am

Raining here in Vancouver, too, pensieromalvagio.
(BTW, couldn't you have picked a shorter name! Just joking!) I'm going to install
my new levers later today. Pics to follow
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Another logging run for the Termi. Left hand cheap-arse knock-off mirror got the flops, so I turfed them when I got home. I wasn't thrilled to reinstall the Aprilia mirrors, so I whipped up some bar-ends of my own. I used bits from previous speculum mirror sets. A bit sad, but functional.

Rolling Eyes

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:21 am

What happened to the speculums? I thought you had multiple sets?

Pete
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:53 am

While I had a break in the horrible weather on Thursday, I took a 60 mile ride to my dealer to see if they had any 2016 Guzzi's on the floor. Had a cup of their coffee and looked for my salesman and found out he was hit by a deer earlier in the week. The deer (he didn't drop the bike!) made contact with his right leg which broke it in 3 places. The day I visited he was in surgery to repair the leg, but plans to be back to work on crutches...his riding is over for the rest of the year.

On to the Guzzi's...they had a couple 2016 V7's on the floor, but I see that the 2 GRiSO's were marked down. The 2015 was reduced $1,000 and the 2014 was reduced just over $1,500. If anybody is in the market and can make it to Sloan's in Murfreesboro, TN, there just might be a good deal waiting.

Hope to get out for a run on Sunday...if this rain would just STOP! Stay dry everybody and watch out for those crazy deer!!!!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:14 am

Pete Roper wrote:
What happened to the speculums? I thought you had multiple sets?

Pete

I do. The issue is the RCS master cylinders don't have mirror mounts. You can get the official Brembo brackets with inbuilt mount, but they make the mirrors foul the reservoir brackets. Rolling Eyes

..so I got bar end mirrors. And yesterday one of them would flop at speed. So essentially became useless. So I whipped up my own from speculum bits. Razz

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Washed the 1200 listenin to David Gilmour's "Rattle That Lock". Yahooo
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Rattle That Lock coupled with the Endless River would make a most excellent afternoon Charlie - you heard the latter?
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:05 am

Gday Tony. Yes I have the endless river. Not one of their best but the final track is right up there.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:02 am

Since it was all leftover bits from The Division Bell, that didn't make the cut, it's still pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:15 am

End of season for me, I rode the GRiSO to a local authorized Guzzi service to have it rollerized. The temp was +6 centigrade and it'll go under zero tonight, so the timing was just right.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:31 am

Excellent. Make sure the sump gets pulled and cleaned properly. Your tappets were fairly long gone if if I remember correctly.

Pete
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:07 am

Put a new rear tyre on and while I was in there and it was rainning pulled the swing arm for a greasing all looks Ok last time I did it was 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:21 am

RH exhaust valves: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LH exhaust valves:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Slight disparity in the lenght of the adjusting screws, wouldn't you say? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:28 am

Its a mayonnaise factory in there, might have to roll on down to your Guzzi dealer for a few bits.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:01 pm

Went to the local Guzzi service to deliver a copy of the service book and register book and saw to my satisfaction some telling shiny drill markings on the heads and a lack of rubber seal rings in spark plug tubes. YES!
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Rode the shit out of it. silent Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:01 am

As an update because I haven't updated the Ruh Roh thread, Jacquie got her G back a couple of weeks ago. The oil pressure light coming on while hot was caused not by bits from the failed tappets, but from a broken upper sump gasket from the factory that was not letting the oil pressure maintain at idle when hot. They replaced the gasket, and all is well again. The bike runs spectacularly (thanks beetle) with no odd engine noises, great oil pressure and seemingly, no blood no foul. We took the Stelvio and the GRiSO for a beautiful 250 mile Fall ride and all is right in the world. I remapped the G with beetles new roller/mistral low pipe map which is magnificent.

Great to have the GRiSO back in the garage and running better than ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 26 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next