GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Agostini for GRiSO

Go down 
+34
Lemppari
SuperSimo
Oz1200Guzzi
jono-9
Josh.C
Jackstraw
waterbottle
AOAM
John Lyon
little750
akshaydeo
Triman023
Boysie
Tolle09
Street
keenerkeen07
Grisonut
DungeonMaster
plantboy
Ralf z
bikesnbones
Charlie J
55tburt
LBC Tenni
tocino
Tassiedevil71
Steak
Guzziboy66
grisorosso
wardest
Pete Roper
The Saint
garyclem
beetle
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:00 pm

ghezzi wrote:
 I'm sure Todd will kiss his arse and give him a PC V/Auto Tune for free.

You enjoy yourself Pete, we'll hold the fort.

I wouldn't bother with any of it.
Seriously, there are some sad cases here.
You bang your heads against the wall, fiddle around with your maps, and bore people shitless about it down the pub.
Me ?
I'll be out riding my bike.
You see that's what it was made for.
I could explain it, but I very much doubt you would understand.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Hey Dickhead! I thought you said "OVER AND OUT"

So hop on ya fuckin little tredly and piss off.
I mean that in the nicest possible way ..................................not.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Hey, everybody, calm down. Lot's of different opinions, different personalities, it's all good. Don't get your blood pressure up - if you don't like someone, walk away, take it easy, don't take the bait, put her on your do-not-call list. Believe me, you'll sleep better at night if you just let it go. If she sees you squirm, she'll just poke you harder. Some people thrive on drama, I, not so much.

Ohmmmmm.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:31 am

Confound it.

I'm an easy going guy and I approach this board with a hands off ethos. I thought this shit had been worked out over the past few days, but it seems the fits have gotten hissy again. Prove yourselves worthy.

#1. Be civil.

#2. Don't piss me off. (Be civil...)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 am

Hey guys, I'm cool. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:18 am

Steak is right, be cool. That includes you mr bones. This is the AGO thread and the title clearly states that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:21 am

Off topic. Hey Saint, any chance you can make the Long Flat Cabal March 21st?
Waterbottle is coming down early Friday 20th from Gladstone, & Plantboy from Roseberry over the border, twould be great if we can pick up Doud from Lismore and all saunter down together.

Better watch the Newman VLAD laws.
(Qld Govt. Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act 2013) means 3 or more motorcycles travelling together must be a criminal gang carrying guns and drugs.

If you guys stateside don't believe me, google it.
Update: Last weekend Newman (Alfred E. - clown prince of Qld politics) got voted out by his own electorate. bounce sunny farao Thumbs Up Very Happy king Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:00 pm

The Saint wrote:
Steak is right, be cool. That includes you mr bones. This is the AGO thread and the title clearly states that.

And I offered up my comments on the subject.
I realize that it may have gone against the grain, but no one ever questions Mr. Roper when he does the same.
Seems like different rules for different people.
Mad
Roper and his band of disciples
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Sorry forgot to F.O.A.D
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:49 pm

I'm very much liking the look and sound of my new Agostini ........... I haven't fired her up without the restrictor, 'tis certainly loud enough for me and my tortured hearing as is. My love affair with the stock muffler has now become just, albeit cherished, a memory. I'm confident that the bike is performing better, even with the Beetle Factory Muffler Map. And I am even almost emboldened to say that the weight saving has resulted in improved handling, however that might be a 'stretch' ................ probably more likely a result of lighter/quicker throttle response.
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:43 pm

garyclem wrote:
I'm very much liking the look and sound of my new Agostini ...........
I'm sure it works well, and goes better, and I'm equally sure that I'll be alone in thinking this, but the OE exhaust looks so much better on the 1200 than that Ago, which looks a bit spindly and out of proportion by comparison,
The OE looks like a nice chunky silencer for a nice chunky bike.
The RCM suits a lot of bikes, but not the GRiSO
It just looks line someone has taken the silencer off an old Bonnie or something and bodged it to fit,
Just looks wrong and doesn't fit the lines of the bike
Just my opinion, so please don't shoot me down in flames.

Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:12 pm

thanks, there are many here who are openly very happy with the 'looking from behind signature' factory muffler .......... including myself. And many others who are just as enthusiastic about replacing it asap . But the Agostini appealed to me even after I had steadfastly decided to keep my bike 'stock'. I have now put my almost pristine oem muffler away for safe keeping until I decide to re-fit it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:19 pm

Hey Gary, how'd ya do at spelunk at skool? (GRSiO?)
Just thinkin, your bike would look even cooler with c/f wheels Wink

Last edited by ghezzi on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:40 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Hey Gary, how'd ya do at spelunk at skool? (GRSiO?)

thats a bit cruel, my dyslexia is not well documented Very Happy .......... all the obvious combinations of letters and numbers were not available when I was looking for a plate study , GRiSO, GRI50, GRIZ0 GR150 etc,  so I settled for what I could get by convincing myself it was quirky enough, just like Guzzi's and their riders, to get away with. Afterall its only Guzzi riders who would notice and scratch
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:14 pm

garyclem wrote:
My love affair with the stock muffler has now become just, albeit cherished, a memory.

Sad

Laughing

That new pipe looks really nice!
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:30 pm

garyclem wrote:
thanks, there are many here who are openly very happy with the 'looking from behind signature' factory muffler .......... including myself. And many others who are just as enthusiastic about replacing it asap . But the Agostini appealed to me even after I had steadfastly decided to keep my bike 'stock'. I have now put my almost pristine oem muffler away for safe keeping until I decide to re-fit it.

Maybe the photo angle isn't very flattering ?
Possibly.
I just do like that double barrel 1200 silencer.
Perhaps there's a way of adapting that for a more fruity sound ?
BTW, I love the colour scheme on your bike.
I'm going to have my 1100 done like that when I can afford it.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:34 pm

I Love the look of the OEM 8V GRiSO muffler. I am always drawn to mount it back up, but it is so dang heavy and just doesn't bark quite enough. I'm happy with my Arrow RCM, but I'm always going to love the look of the OEM trombone...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:45 am

ghezzi wrote:
Off topic. Hey Saint, any chance you can make the Long Flat Cabal March 21st?
Waterbottle is coming down early Friday 20th from Gladstone, & Plantboy from Roseberry over the border, twould be great if we can pick up Doud from Lismore and all saunter down together.

Wayne, it is certainly the plan at the moment. It's a bit tricky with my work at the moment but I hope all things will fall into place.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:56 am

Saint? Is this your pipe I have at the moment?

Pete
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:10 am

Yes Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:45 am

Good-Oh.

OK, I'm having a problem getting the logging gear up and running on my bike. I can give details if people want but it seems that this is likely to garner torrents of puerile abuse so PM me if interested.

Long story short, it will take a while longer to get it all sorted and we don't want to deprive you of your pipe while I get my shit together. Thing is I've been running it with a previous 'Open' pipe iteration and while it is a tad rich in the midrange it runs very, very nicely with zero risk of damage. I've done 675Km today with everything from Hume Highway droning to spirited 200kph thrashing on the Murrumbateman road and my bike is still in one piece.

What I'll do is pop your pipe back in its box and send it off to you. Send me your email address and I'll flick you the map. If you get to the Cabal we'll hopefully have everything set up by then and we can put the gear on your bike there and get the log info to build a custom map.

With this set up you'll be using do NOT use the dB killer. If you do it'll run like a bucket of mad woman's shit, especially in the midrange.

So. no dBk. Upload map. Re-set self learners and TPS. Have fun.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Boysie
Carlotto
Carlotto
Boysie

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:18 am

Interesting to see the two different versions of the Agostini silencer, Reverse cone which looks nice, but I agree looks small on the bike when compared to the stocker, and the modern looking version... I wonder, would they require separate maps for the two different designs, or are they the same size length of pipe with a different exterior? and might be happy with the same map?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:25 am

I too like the look of the 8V OEM exhaust, from the back mostly.
I almost tempted to duplicate one at a slightly lower scale with the 'Moto Guzzi' engravement (sp?) and all but man, time consuming shit for sure.
Hey on the bright side... it's another map for Mark!! cheers cheers   Imma gonna slave that boy!
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:22 am

Pete, that sounds like a good plan. I must admit, I do miss the pipe.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Good morning
Looking at this slip on for the GRiSO 1100 Ago SS , now i know that you all have been discussing previous as to the 1200 but thought to ask your opinions re the 1100 and maps available ...price is within my budget as well

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thank you
Keener
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Agostini for GRiSO
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next