GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Agostini for GRiSO

Go down 
+34
Lemppari
SuperSimo
Oz1200Guzzi
jono-9
Josh.C
Jackstraw
waterbottle
AOAM
John Lyon
little750
akshaydeo
Triman023
Boysie
Tolle09
Street
keenerkeen07
Grisonut
DungeonMaster
plantboy
Ralf z
bikesnbones
Charlie J
55tburt
LBC Tenni
tocino
Tassiedevil71
Steak
Guzziboy66
grisorosso
wardest
Pete Roper
The Saint
garyclem
beetle
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
55tburt
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
55tburt

Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:29 pm

Mark,

I would like to try the map that you develope. Let me know when you have it available. If it works, that's great, if not, I'll work with you guys any way I can.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:12 pm

Beetle, thanx but I believe Pete put the universal map in my bike. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:00 pm

........ well blow me down and call me windy Shocked . Guess what was waiting for me when I got home from work today ........... a whole 3 fucking days after it was shipped with DHL from Italy, via the UK, to Australia, for just 510 euro ($732 AU), all up, door to door.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

.......... thats just not bloody good enough Very Happy If you like any of the Agostini stuff then you can feel quite confident about buying directly from 'em
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:38 pm

And save a quid or two. Nice. Has it got a cat?

Pete
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Nice
I'd be interested to know if it has a cat too.
I want an aftermarket can - The Termig is spendy, and I don't want a hole in the mid range, which I am led to believe I can expect without a cat.
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
And save a quid or two. Nice. Has it got a cat?

Pete

I don't think so Pete Question ........... I can see through from end to end without obstruction, does that mean I should acquire a cat? But it certainly does have a removable noise assassin
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:12 pm

of course I couldn't help myself and had to put it on .............. at idle it doesn't sound any louder than the stock, and must be at least 5 kilos lighter, but I will have to wait a day or two before I can take it out on a proper 'date'.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Looks great.
✌️
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Noce Ago mate. I really like the reverse cone, in black it's even better and I think they suit the GRiSO.

If you are ordering direct you have to specify you want a cat and pay a bit extra. Remember though, the cat is not there to increase your midrange power and there are better solutions, like sticking an abrasive metal dish washing sponge in you dbk. Sorry had to take the piss.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:28 pm

Don't buy a cat. We're going to make a cat map for those who have or want a cat.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:39 pm

Gary, whatever happened to your love affair with the oem rocket booster?Laughing   Oh, and can you come and polish my headers too?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:53 pm

Damn Gary, your bike looks it just rolled off the showroom floor. cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:08 pm

I don't think my headers looked that good new..
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:51 pm

I like my black muffler, but with the Tenni green and shiny headers yours looks really great. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:46 pm

plantboy wrote:
Gary, whatever happened to your love affair with the oem rocket booster?Laughing   Oh, and can you come and polish my headers too?

well its not that I don't love it anymore, I have placed it on a pedestal to bring out on special occasions ........... I must say that the AGO is very pleasing to the eye also and possesses other qualities ........ just like the new girlfriend that you wouldn't leave your wife for.

The headers, after a few years neglect by the PO, are just the result of ..........

Last edited by garyclem on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:06 pm

beetle wrote:
Damn Gary, your bike looks it just rolled off the showroom floor.  cheers

I know I'm fucked, but after a longish ride I always clean and then polish with Plexus ............ it works great and smells even better, just love the smell. But like all addictive substances made in America, its quite pricey here in Australia. BTW, that glass of dishwater is actually vodka with ginger beer ........... which I deserve after completing a 10 hour shift driving a bus in Sydney's woeful traffic

Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Ah sweet analogy there Gary, to which I won't be adding anything.Shocked  I've got the Autosol and some wadding polish, its just the application that's a problem - got a farm to run.
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:38 pm

beetle wrote:
Don't buy a cat. We're going to make a cat map for those who have or want a cat.
Mark, rode the bike to work and back today. As you know my bike has your very clever 'factory can' map ..... the changes due to the fitting of the AGO were noticeable but not in a negative way ............ I would say I lost just a very little mid range, gained some top-end mumbo. I thinks it 'spins' up quicker, perhaps a bit more relaxed at idle, but fucked if I really know ....... I'll go for a decent ride on the weekend and let you know fuel consumption etc.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:56 pm

garyclem wrote:
beetle wrote:
Damn Gary, your bike looks it just rolled off the showroom floor.  cheers

BTW, that glass of dishwater is actually vodka with ginger beer ........... which I deserve after completing a 10 hour shift driving a bus in Sydney's woeful traffic

Delicious! If you're not already doing so, or have omitted for triviality, squeeze half a lime into that cocktail and throw the carcass in for visual pleasure. Then you will achieve nirvana. Even better, pour it into a frosty, copper mug pulled from your freezer...

By the way, for the lurkers out there, if vodka isn't your thing, this cocktail is also well suited to gin, bourbon, rum, or tequila! Ginger BEER is a must though, Ginger Ale just doesn't cut the mustard...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:08 pm

yeah Steak, I'm with ya ........ and sometimes chuck in some fresh mint as well on a really hot day. Its know here as a Moscow Mule ? Gotta try and go easy on the Vodka if you whip a pitcher of the cocktail to share, the ginger beer 'hides' the alcohol until its too late affraid

Last edited by garyclem on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:45 pm

I love Plexus too. I used to clean mine after every ride. Hot water then the full Plexus treatment. Now I can't be arsed.

ebay is cheapest place to buy it.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:16 am

beetle wrote:

good morning Pete and Mark, I'm not sure whether this will be helpful info to assist with the development of the map but I just got back from a 230 klm ride up the Putty, to about 25 klms past the Colo River, and then back to Concord with the conical Ago and your factory muffler map ........ on a combination of suburban, motorway and second grade country roads 

Distance: 228 klm
Average Fuel: 5.3 L/100
Time: 2.25
Average Speed: 91 klm/h
Max: 169

Throttle response is now definitely lighter and crisper .......... the engine spins up quicker, still no snatchiness in low speed traffic, power delivery is very strong and linear all the way to 7500 rpm, if there has been any reduction in mid range, I was unable to detect it. The fuel consumption was a little higher than I usually get, but not unexpected given that I was riding quite enthusiastically most of the time (when safe to do so). On the way back, so impressed, I was thinking that your factory muffler map might be a good starting point for the development of the Ago map ........... if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:43 am

Well, my incredibly cheap and nasty Android phone arrived this morning. A model with the delightfully alluring name of 'M-Horse'! It cost all of forty dollars from China. Erika is currently trying to fathom out the bizarre and cryptic Sino-English instructions that are as entertaining as a 1970's Laverda service manual! The quality of the 'Manglish' is superb! Very Happy

Should be able to install the logging app this arvo then I've just got to get my bike back from Wagga and we're hot to trot!

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:47 pm

He Pete, I understand your 'Manglish' conundrum perfectly.
Bought a Chinese made lathe and a mill from Hare & Forbes years ago. Kid you not, both manuals said,
"Put the tool in the tool and turn the tool to make the tool for the tool".
After reading that I felt like a right royal tool.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Plexus? Yes! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Agostini for GRiSO
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next