GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Agostini for GRiSO

Go down 
+34
Lemppari
SuperSimo
Oz1200Guzzi
jono-9
Josh.C
Jackstraw
waterbottle
AOAM
John Lyon
little750
akshaydeo
Triman023
Boysie
Tolle09
Street
keenerkeen07
Grisonut
DungeonMaster
plantboy
Ralf z
bikesnbones
Charlie J
55tburt
LBC Tenni
tocino
Tassiedevil71
Steak
Guzziboy66
grisorosso
wardest
Pete Roper
The Saint
garyclem
beetle
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:32 pm

as axe grinders go, his was huge, blunt and would never be sharpened. It's all good, the coast is clear.
Back to top Go down
SuperSimo
Carlotto
Carlotto
SuperSimo

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:54 pm

I know this a reletively old thread, but if anyone is still out there.....

I just bought an X Black pipe from Ago, but now soooo confused. Can anyone help?

1: Should I have bought the horizontal U bend replacement, so much mixed opinions about that short piece of pipe...

2: Do I need a new map? To be honest my GRiSO sounds lumpy stock and on start up, chugs and puffs for 5 secs and then stalls, the second time sounds fine. (that's with stock smoker)

Any thoughts greatly apprcieated as usual.

S
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:45 pm

By horizontal u-bend, do you mean the collector or midpipe we commonly refer to as the pretzel? If so, no, keep it, otherwise you most definitely want a new map. IMO.

Whether you want a new map anyway is entirely up to you. You may be happy with the way it rides now. I do recommend you reset the trims so that the ECU can trim to the new pipe more quickly. Simply pull your main fuses for 30 seconds.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:25 am

I don't particularly like the sound of the QD pipe in my GRiSO. I'd like a deep, low pitch 'rumble' as I had in my V11 with oval carbon Mistrals. The QD has a higher staccato popping sound which I attribute to the short and narrowish chamber. Also having read here about the engine breathing better with more volume in the exhaust system, I'm now considering buying the Agostini oval scarico carbonio.

Have any brethren here had said muffler? I can't find any flicks with sound so I could listen if I'm guessing right about the sound. Or is the assumption about the volume of the exhaust even right? With the OEM pretzel?

Back to top Go down
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:27 pm

Beetle , did jackstraw ever get this logging done, its some thing I would have a shot at
with guidance from you as I'm interested in the agostini HF pipe .
if you are still interested or are agostini pipes too strange to deal with ?
nev
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:06 pm

Don't know. We conversed via email for a bit, then....crickets.

The Ago's are strange, but not too strange. I'm building a Black-X map now, and have done the Megaphone. I would suggest plonking the Black-X map in with the Horse's Hoof pipe and see how it goes. If it needs a different map, we can look at logging then. Yes?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:36 am

Yep ok sounds like good advice,

Idunno I change my mind every second day, I'm only changing mufflers because

the factory one looks a bit boof headed, with your factory can map the bike runs as

sweet as a cherry, maybe I'll cool my heels for a bit .

nah stuff it I'll get a black horse hoof .
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Nev - did you get one (HF) and did it work out ok ?
Conor
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 8:47 pm

Conor W wrote:
Nev - did you get one (HF) and did it work out ok ?
Conor

Come on Nev, let us know, I am about to purchase the same (HF)
Back to top Go down
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2016 6:13 am

oops sorry missed this Connor  and mrgpz , no  havnt got one yet , on account of low cash flow,

I need a bigger screen and wouldn't mind doing some thing about the suspension prioriety seem to change

as time goes .

nev
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Tks Nev. I'm considering one - head says follow beetle etc recommendation re: hi mistral but really like look of the hoof. Even though it looks a bit like a..umm...hoof...
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Thanks, i was waiting for a quote, which looks like it will be over NZ$1,500, i am reviewing my options and might go with a more cost effective one
Back to top Go down
ronbo10
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ronbo10

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Bit of a dormant thread, but this video popped up within the last month on Youtube. Seems likely that it was posted by a Ghetto member- maybe he can chime in?

Agostini HF, and the poster gives Beetle well deserved credit for another one of his fabulous maps. Gotta say, this exhaust (I'm guessing w/dbk out) is too loud for me personally to want to live with on a daily basis, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy listening to it here for a couple of minutes- sounds great!

Map sounds very well sorted. Nice work Beetle!

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 10 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Agostini for GRiSO
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10