GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Agostini for GRiSO

Go down 
+34
Lemppari
SuperSimo
Oz1200Guzzi
jono-9
Josh.C
Jackstraw
waterbottle
AOAM
John Lyon
little750
akshaydeo
Triman023
Boysie
Tolle09
Street
keenerkeen07
Grisonut
DungeonMaster
plantboy
Ralf z
bikesnbones
Charlie J
55tburt
LBC Tenni
tocino
Tassiedevil71
Steak
Guzziboy66
grisorosso
wardest
Pete Roper
The Saint
garyclem
beetle
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Gday Pete Mark et al

Sorry been away from the internet.
I am keen on a Black Ago HF with carbon tip. (Richo) grisorosso gave me the contacts for a direct order.

Reading the "Saint" info on Cat Con and their ability to clog foul up if not run at the correct temps or if they get contaminated with engine oil etc.
Would it be better to try create a map with out the Cat Con fitted. As it my be difficult to replace the Cat in future years due to a limited run on he pipe and a adhoc fitted Cat may offer different flow thus making the map less customised ??
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Well, cats don't always turn to shite. Anyhoo, some folks have cats. I'm not going to ask them to pull their cats because I can't be arsed making a cat map, so we make a cat map and a no cat map. Any Ago ordered for this map building exercise should be ordered with the cat. They are easily removed. Meow.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Aftermarket pussy's are a dime a dozen, made especially for aftermarket pipes.
They just slip into the collector, can be had in any size exhaust tubing is made .........................
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:45 am

Aftermarket pussy's are a dime a dozen, made especially for aftermarket pipes. wrote:
Ghezzi. Gold
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:14 am

Mark is right. Cats should live a long time unless there is an underlying issue. His proven tuning abilities will ensure that. They also flow well and shouldn't hinder performance. Nevertheless, they are chemical reactors that produce unnecessary heat. Therefore, no one should endeavour to get one, but if you got one stick with it. We must appreciate that Mark is willing to cater for everyone.

I found an interesting case where there was a problem. Hope the link works.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:29 am

Just in case somebody wants one

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:43 am

For fucks sake! We will get the cat that is delivered with the pipe. I will build a map for the pipe with cat.  

End of discussion!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:37 am

Sorry for the angst Mark, I was only trying to allay any fears Wardest may have had to availability, as per his post below.

wardest wrote:
Gday Pete Mark et al

Sorry been away from the internet.
I am keen on a Black Ago HF with carbon tip.  (Richo) grisorosso gave me the contacts for a direct order.

Reading the "Saint" info on Cat Con and their ability to clog foul up  if not run at the correct temps or if they get contaminated with engine oil etc.
Would it be better to try create a map with out the Cat Con fitted. As it my be difficult to replace the Cat in future years due to a limited run on he pipe and a adhoc fitted Cat may offer different flow thus making the map less customised ??
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:05 am

The bike mentioned in that link shows all the classic symptoms of massive overfuelling. That could be caused by any number of things but spark break down, poorly set up injection or the addition of a PCV/AT and a crappy base map or the use of an O2 sensor fooler can all contribute.

While I personally think that mandating cat-cons on recreational vehicles is a bit silly it doesn't really impact on performance if the machine is tuned properly. The biggest issue is the 'Broad Brush' nature of all legislation which gives very little leeway for tackling problems created by tight emissions regulations without effecting ride/driveability. This, while frustrating, is something we just have to live with and I for one am willing to accept the imposition and inconvenience if it contributes overall to a cleaner environment. All one has to do is look at the deplorable condition of the air quality in places like Los Angeles in the nineteen seventies or Beijing today to realise what unfettered 'Dirty' technology can mean to quality of life.

We are extraordinarily lucky to have what we do. It is far too easy to protest too much!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:21 pm

I can't say it any simpler than this: I will make two versions of the map for each Agostini pipe we receive. One for a cat and one without. You can all have a copy of each. If you have a cat and it fails, pull the fucking thing out and use the other fucking map.

If I don't make a cat map, I can guarantee down the line, some numby will email me or Pete and ask for for a map for an Ago with cat. If I don't have a cat map I will be treated with suspicion. You lot have no idea of the fucktards I've had to deal with.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Oh I do! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:20 am

The pipe is on it's way
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:47 am

Hmmm. Not sure what to say seeing as people are being sensitive and pithy . I will try to explain my question re  the CAT.  

A short while ago I found a supplier of the Ago cans in QLD. The muffler would be supplied with a Db killer and "maybe" a CAT. They didn't seem to think it important and advertised it as a sport / race equipment. They also recommended  that if I bought this muffler I should buy the "rexxer" to get the bike running well. The muffler price was well below anything I could find now (opportunity missed ) and they are now out of stock. The reason I didn't buy the Muffler at the time was I didn't trust the hard sell on the rexxer and therefore the salesman.  
The web research I did after that brought me to the GRiSO Ghetto.

Long story Short in point form

1 My experience tells me the Ago HF can may or may not come with a CAT.  I don't know if the difference would effect the development of the map so I asked the question.

2 Until Ghezzi posted above that a aftermarket CAT was freely available I had no idea such a thing existed in retail form but I will bet a pound to a penny that I would have to travel over 40 km of city traffic to get one

3 Seeing as we had a few people interested in an Ago Can map, if we raised a consensus on:- to CAT or not to CAT it would save the work and time only developing 1 map. I was trying to help.  I don't care either way

4 Nothing is ever simple on a GRiSO

5 I could go on   Very Happy

Regards

Mick
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:18 am

My pipe, purchased in the US, came with a cat and a DB killer.
Beetle's gonna make 2 maps regardless.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Why can't this cat business just die? It's not going anywhere, so I'll explain myself yet again.

Mick, I'm not trying to be a pain in the arse, nor being sensitive or pithy. However, that's changing rapidly.

It's a very simple case of some people have the cat, so I make a cat map. I don't give a rat's arse as to why they have the cat, nor do I wish to talk them into removing the cat. If we don't get a can with a cat, I won't make a cat map. I'm not going out of my way to get a cat, nor do I give a fuck if we never see a fucking Agostini exhaust. I'm trying to be magnanimous but I'm turning into my pretentious prick self who would rather just ride and forget about this fucking mapping business.

Simples!  Suspect Very Happy Razz *

*Please note smilies.

Edit: fixed fucking spelling mistakes

In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:52 pm

You have the perfect avatar my man...  Very Happy

• Ptolemy
  • Eratosthenes
  • Al Idrisi
  • Fra Mauro
  • Gerardus Mercator
  • Nicolas de Fer
  • Henry Pelham
  • Mark Bailey Bayley

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Last edited by Steak on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I'm a miserable giver of accolades...)
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:22 pm

Grrr! You spelled my name wrong. Mad

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Bristle, bristle, bristle...

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:39 pm

I've been in a very bad mood for 50 years.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Tassiedevil71

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Steak wrote:
You have the perfect avatar my man...  Very Happy

• Ptolemy
  • Eratosthenes
  • Al Idrisi
  • Fra Mauro
  • Gerardus Mercator
  • Nicolas de Fer
  • Henry Pelham
  • Mark Bailey Bayley

Thanks to Google, I could enjoy the joke Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:23 pm

I think dogs are more cool than cats. Can we have a dog map? bounce
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:59 pm

I can make your G run like a dog. Suspect

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Why you no like cats?

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:24 pm

beetle wrote:
I can make your G run like a dog. Suspect

Pick one...

Italian Greyhound

Neapolitan Mastiff

Bracco Italiano

Cane Corso

Pastore Bergamaso

Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:44 pm

This is my new theme song !!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Agostini for GRiSO
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next